Freelance Data Analyst
Freelance Data Analyst
Freelance Data Analyst | 6-month FTC| Central London | c£400 per day
Our client is a global media company with a history stretching back over a hundred years. Their 19 brands cover a range of subjects and many are thought leaders and taste makers. They reach more than 200 million consumers from around the world but have a focus on UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Russia, China, Taiwan and Mexico.
Our client is in the process of a global integration of 11 international markets and 10 workstreams across the business. The primary purpose of the Data Analyst will be to act as a central data hub for the Integration Management Office and associated workstreams and as a single focal point for data requests to markets. This data may include financial information and employee information.
The Data Analyst will initially collate and centralise all existing data that workstreams hold. All data requirements will then be sent to the Data Analyst.
The primary responsibilities of the role are:
- Developing and implementing data collection systems and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquiring previously obtained data from workstreams and creating a central repository
- Responding to data requests from workstreams by either:
- Where data has already been obtained, providing this existing data to workstreams,
- Where data has not already been obtained, acting as a central liaison point to obtain data from sources including;
- head office functions
- Maintaining databases of data obtained
- Interpreting data, analysing results using statistical techniques
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Provide quality assurance of obtained data
- Help develop reports and analysis.
- Design and manage the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Training end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data
Please be advised that significant experience as a data analyst or in related field is essential. We need someone to start at the beginning of February.